If you are looking to run in Bucharest in an organized race, well, a great opportunity is just around the corner. Today we’re letting you know about the 6th edition of a half marathon called “OMV Petrom Bucharest HALF MARATHON” that is set to take place on the second weekend of May 2017 .
Expecting more than 14.000 participants from all over the world and hundreds of spectators celebrating a beautiful day of running in Bucharest. There are several races one can run : HALFMARATHON – 21.097 KM , VW INDIVIDUAL RACE – 10.8 KM , RELAY RACE – 8K+8K+5.1K , POPULAR RACE – 3.9 KM, TEENS RACE – 2.5 KM, KIDS RACE – 0.7/1.3 KM .
This year’s moto of the event is “it is all about YOU ” .
If you are ready to run in Bucharest , here’s some numbers from last year’s race:
- People from more than 60 countries were participating in the races.
- 45% were women , 55% were men.
- >30 000 spectators
- Last year’s winner Birech Cosmas Jairus Kipchoge , from Kenya, run the half marathon in 01:02:30 .
- >500 volunteers helped organizing the event
- >30 000 euros were given in awards
- 22 hydration points – 35 tons of water, 3 tons of juice, 5 tons of isotonic, 5 tons of fruit, 3 tons of Non-Alcoholic Beer .
For more information about past races , feel free to search on Facebook for #RunInBucharest .
Race information – Run in Bucharest
Organizer: Bucharest Running Club Association
Forecast temperature: 26°C
- 22 EUR if the payment is made until February 14th
- 29 EUR if the payment is made until March 31st
- 36 EUR if the payment is made until May 3rd
- 43 EUR if the payment is made at Sport Expo – May 12-13th
Every participant shall benefit:
- The participation kit, containing the official t-shirt, his start number, an electronic chip for recording time.
- Access to the refreshment stands with water, energy drinks, wet sponges and other things, which are located along the race path.
- Medical assistance along the track.
- Careful and professional technical management for this competition, which is recognized worldwide and is affiliated with AIMS and IAAF. This enables the athletes to compete in optimal race conditions. The track is measured and AIMS approved; it’s completely closed, isolated from any passer or vehicle and it provides safety to the runners.
- Automated time recording service: final standings, e-mail with information about performance.
- The finisher medal, at the end of the race.
Run in Bucharest Registration can be made on the official site of the race : http://www.bucuresti21km.ro/en/registration/
If you want to find out about more Bucharest events , read this article!